

I completed the first 10k I have ever ran. It was quite the site to see 17,000 people racing in front of me from atop of the cooper bridge (although new bridge has new name). My time was approximately 1 hr and 7 min. Not bad and considering I finished in the top 50 percent and it felt like I spent more of the time weaving in and out of people who were walking or running slower. For me though its never about competing.... its about accomplishing what I have been preparing for and the feeling of accomplishing with thousands of people!
It was a weekend of fun in the sun. I always enjoy charleston and a few games of corn-hole with good company of course. I'm hoping to plan the trip to Dubai early next year to visit Y and J.
For now I'm still considering signing up for the chicago rock n roll half marathon in Aug (?!)

No comments:
Post a Comment