3.06.2009

stay positive

I just spent a fantastic week in anchorage, alaska. Amazing place and I love it!  Photos will soon be posted... forgot to pack the camera cord.  However now I'm experiencing non rev trauma. Everything so far has been going to according to plan except getting back to Chicago. Meaning everything went smooth getting to Anchorage. That's always the most important part when traveling on standby and then you worry about getting back when its time... I thought I was actually being realistically smart and bought an extra zed fare to Seattle in case I couldn't get on the direct flight. I even started out leaving a day early to get a head start because flights were looking very full.  As a result I have been sitting at the airport for four hours and I have found out spring break is starting here and everyone wants to get out! You only find out about spring break when you show up at the airport and wonder why there is so many standby's.  The stand by list has too many people above me. I'm standing and waving bye each flight>ha!    Panic is starting to slip in my thoughts like how many days will it take to get out!  No.  I am determined to control these thoughts right now by keeping positive. Like:  I still have three or four more flights to try before I go back to the hotel to get some sleep.  Also,  I know I just need to relax alaska is really not a bad place to be in a few more days especially when I don't know when I will have the opportunity  to come back.  However the feeling of being stuck distorts the appreciation you have for a place when you are leaning on homeward bound.  What I really want is to just want to sleep in my own bed right now at 4 in the morning.  It only goes to show I have been very fortunate in my non rev travels and seldom come across getting stuck anywhere.  Besides taking part in more of the Iditarod  race festivities probably wouldn't kill me. Right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers